There will be no Silent Sunday post from me today for two reasons:
- I have been too ill to leave my bed for the last week, and I didn’t think that anyone really wanted to see a picture of a snotty tissue
- Unless I have collapsed at the airport, I should be on my way to Budapest as this is published and so won’t be able to do the Silent Sunday link-up
Instead, I have pictures of Venice for you. These are from back in 2009, just a few short months before I started blogging and I’m really not sure why I haven’t posted them before now.
Venice is my favourite of all the cities I have visited so far. I felt strangely at home there and kept being able to lead us to places without using a map (which was weird, as this was my first visit), also those guide books were not kidding about the mosquitoes, they were everywhere. I sprayed myself head to toe in repellent and was only bitten once – which is something of a miracle.
I learnt a few things preparing this little post:
- Back in my pre-blogging days, I hardly took any pictures. Like for real people, this is pretty much all the pictures I took. of the whole of Venice
- My hair was very short in 2009
- My old ‘point and shoot’ camera was really not very good
- I absolutely need to go back to Venice so that I can take proper pictures
Any now without any further ado, I give you the pictures…